By: David C Grossman http://brokenbulbstudios.com/forum/showthread.php?5726-Feb-1st-Announcements
Feb 1st - Announcements
Hello everyone I got to the office early today so I could start working on some exciting PVP improvements!
Just an update. We've significantly decreased the load time to get into a game. All ability animations will load in the background so it doesn't slow down your entrance into the game. The main fight flash file has been reduced to 75%. We are testing the progress bars showing your progress and your opponents progress. As well as the ability to cancel if your opponent is loading to slow (no penalty). I expect to be rolling this out tomorrow as long as everything goes well.
I appreciate your patience while we work towards a better PVP experience for you all! The next major step is a better matching system so players of similar skill and experience go up against each other!
Features being worked on
- Time limit on players joining a game. Nobody will be charged a loss if both players don't fully connect
- A way to cancel the game before both players are ready. Nobody will be charged a loss.
- A new PVP loading screen!!!! You will be able to see both your's and your opponents progress loading. This screen will have a cancel button so if you are tired of waiting you can leave. There will be no way to cancel once both players have said they are ready. At that point jeopardy is attached since you have seen your opponents build.
- Faster loading into battles!!!! People on dialup or slower connections will most certainly notice the difference. If you are on a cable connection or DSL this most likely won't be noticeable.
- A better matchmaking system which should put players of comparable skill against each other if possible.